Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Jake Needham and A World of Trouble (archived)



In his own words:

These are a few facts for you:
I was born in the United States and graduated from Rice University and the Georgetown University Law Center.

For the last twenty-five years or so I have lived in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Bangkok.
Once upon a time I practiced international law and worked the borderlines of the Pacific Rim, a place where cultures collide and governments just struggle to keep up.”Needham certainly knows where a few bodies are buried,” Asia Inc wrote about me. I should hope so. I helped to bury enough of them.
Through a series of accidents and coincidences too ridiculous for anyone to believe, I began writing and developing movies for American cable television.

When I realized how little I actually liked American cable television, I thought I’d try to figure out how to write novels instead.

Since then I have written five contemporary crime novels set in the cities of Asia. They have been published in fifteen separate editions in four languages and have sold well over 100,000 copies.

I am married to a graduate of Somerville College, Oxford, who was for a long while a popular columnist for the Bangkok Post and the editor of the Thai edition of Tatler Magazine. We have two sons and divide our time between homes in Thailand and the United States.

That’s it.
At least that’s all I’m going to tell you.

Author's website is http://jakeneedham.com/

Blessed are the peacemakers...
a white cop, a black kid

Arnold Penxa is a white cop from black Detroit, Michigan determined to save the lives of children no matter the cost, no matter the color. He is an ex war veteran and retired Detroit policeman, now working for a private school security firm,and he sniffs out a conspiracy for a multiple school shooting. The problem is that nobody wants to believe him except for a few close friends, so he's forced to act mostly alone to bust up the plot. Forget the usual suspects. This is the Mad Motor City where the line between common sense and criminal behavior is never clear.

Get the book HERE at SMASHWORDS