Monday, November 9, 2015

Why does Quentin Tarantino need to take a ride in a cop car?

What with all the divisive issues tearing apart at the fabric of American society today, movie maker Quentin Tarantino decides recently to put his Hollywood head on the chopping block of public opinion and to speak out against cops in the most spiteful manner. I believe he needs to take a long ride in a cop car and here's why.

Yesterday, my vehicle got stuck deep on a back road in a National Forest while I was alone shooting nature pictures for my blog, www.writersalive.com.  I had to climb a steep hill to get a cell phone signal so that a Michigan State Trooper could come find me after emergency dispatch pinpointed my position and it took hours, but Trooper Kelly reached me before nightfall and saved the day. I had to abandon my vehicle temporarily but the kind officer took my dog and me home in his patrol car, a souped up Blue Angels blue Chevy Tahoe. It was already dark and I felt relieved and talkative and so did he and we had a good old fashioned, backwoods neighborly chat about cars, fishing, family life and just life in general on the way back to my house. Here's what I learned.

1. Even though there are some bad cops like there are bad people in every profession, all of them are still human. Trooper Kelly is a solid family man with homespun values who started his adult life as a concrete construction worker but now has a quarter century on the force, children, a pet cat and a big fat pet rabbit.

2. People who are drawn to nature, like myself and Trooper Kelly, endure hardships and dangers that become a way of life just to enjoy God's paradise on earth. When I asked him to describe some of the specifications of his patrol car, we started talking about hitting deer on the road--a common fatality that affects everyone where I live eventually. But I had to add him to my prayer list when he said that it's always in the back of his mind that if he's racing down the road in hot pursuit, a deer might jump out of the bush at anytime.

3. Fishing just off the campground point of Union Bay in Lake Superior on the shore of the Porcupine State Park in the spring produces monster walleye catches.

4. A person who dedicates themselves to a career that protects the public safety, by default, automatically deserves respect.

5. Hollywood push faces like Quentin Tarantino shouldn't really be mentioned in a quality blog like mine but, I believe (along with many, many others), Jesus is coming soon  and the Day of Judgement is at hand. Prepare your defense before Yahweh, Mr. Tarantino. I'm going to ask my attorney, Mr. Emmanuel to represent Trooper Kelly. So say "what" just one more time when you stand before God, QT.




Blessed are the peacemakers...
a white cop, a black kid

Arnold Penxa is a white cop from black Detroit, Michigan determined to save the lives of children no matter the cost, no matter the color. He is an ex war veteran and retired Detroit policeman, now working for a private school security firm,and he sniffs out a conspiracy for a multiple school shooting. The problem is that nobody wants to believe him except for a few close friends, so he's forced to act mostly alone to bust up the plot. Forget the usual suspects. This is the Mad Motor City where the line between common sense and criminal behavior is never clear.

Get the book HERE at SMASHWORDS